Internship Summary: Under the general direction of the Director Soul Center for the Arts to assist all during the developmental and post-development stages of River Garza’s solo art exhibition.
UNPAID POSITION WITH LIMITED TRAVEL STIPEND FOR IN-PERSON MEETINGS AND CONVENING.
Internship Term: 3-6 months
Work Hours: Flexible
– Coordinate planning activities related to exhibitions, rotations and programs as assigned to ensure the team stays on track and deadlines are met.
– Actively communicate and work collaboratively with all team members to ensure successful exhibition planning and implementation.
– Assist by planning for the exhibition and relevant needs.
– Assist in translating necessary texts needed in preparation for the exhibition press, label, and catalogue material with close attention to detail.
– Manage correspondence and internal communications related to assigned exhibitions and programs including local partnerships.
– Manage student volunteer program for high school and college students skilled in photography, videography, social media, and translation.
Working Conditions and Atmosphere:
The Exhibition Production Intern works with minimum supervision. Work will often be performed with short deadlines and situations sensitive to Soul Center for the Arts.
The statements contained herein describe the scope of the responsibilities and essential functions of this position, but should not be considered to be an all-inclusive listing of work duties and requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including work in other areas to cover absences or relief to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance the workload.
The Soul of Nations Inc. maintains a policy of nondiscrimination in all employment practices and decisions, ensuring equal employment opportunities for all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, including gender identity and expression, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, reproductive health decisions, marital status, arrest and court record, citizenship, credit history, military service, victim of domestic or sexual abuse status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. This applies to both Soul of Nations Inc. employees and members affiliated with Soul Center for the Arts. Any form of harassment of any employee because of any protected status is also prohibited.
For inquiries please email firstname.lastname@example.org.